- Kathleen Zamperini
- 2 Hours 55 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 28, 2020
Do you know how to recognize the signs your client might have a gambling problem? Underlying gambling problems could be interfering with treatment outcomes and Nationally Certified Gambling Counselor Kathleen Zamperini is here to make sure you don’t miss this hidden secret in your next session!
Purchase this seminar and walk away with the tools to:
- Effectively assess clients for underlying gambling problems
- Uncover the key issues clients struggle within Gambling Disorder
- Complete a brief intervention
- Provide referrals for specialized gambling treatment
Don’t miss out – this is a must-have training for all clinicians, purchase today!
|Manual – Gambling Disorder (1.70 MB)||38 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Assessment and Screening
- Top 5 red flags when gambling becomes problematic
- DSM-5 criteria for Gambling Disorder
- Action gambler vs. Escape gambler
- Risk factors: Genetics, co-occurring disorders, and predisposing events
- Assessments and screenings
- Lie-Bet –2 simple questions you can add to your current assessment
- Gambler’s Anonymous twenty questions
- South Oaks Gambling Screen (SOGS)
- G-BIRT – how to ask screening questions for the best results
- The stages of problem gambling
- Winning/social, losing, desperation, hopelessness
- Factors affecting progression
- Life stressors and internal factors
- Depression, general health, nutrition, and more
- Case study – 65-year-old female – gambling triggers/sugar
Treatment and Intervention Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Self-esteem and self-care strategies, including nutrition
- Grief counseling
- Case study – 43 – year old male – unresolved grief
- Financial problems are the symptom not the cause
- What is a ‘bail out” and how does it affect gambling problems?
- Stages of recovery
- Critical stage
- Rebuilding stage
- Growth stage
Clinical and Ethical Considerations
- Education and awareness for clients
- When to refer to a Gambling Counselor
- The limitations of research studies
- Additional resources
- Gamblers Anonymous
- National Council on Problem Gambling
Kathleen Zamperini, LPC, NCGC-1, CMHIMP Related seminars and products: 2
Kathleen D. Zamperini, LPC, NCGC-1, CMHIMP has a master’s degree in counseling psychology and a master’s degree in education with secondary guidance certification. She is a licensed professional counselor and is a Nationally Certified Gambling Counselor. Kathleen received a degree in holistic nutrition from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and is a Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider. She has a passion for helping clients understand the role of nutrition in mental health. She has 30 years of counseling experience working with persons dealing with depression and anxiety, and is the director of counseling for a large social service agency, Catholic Charities, in Pittsburgh, PA. she has published articles in the National Gambling Association Newsletter on the role of nutrition in treating gambling addictions, and presented numerous presentations on this topic, including a statewide conference.
Financial: Kathleen Zamperini is the director of counseling for Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Kathleen Zamperini has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
6 reviews for Kathleen Zamperini – Gambling Disorder: A Clinician’s Guide to Screening, Assessment, & Treatment Options
There are no reviews yet.