- Mikala Riddlesworth
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- May 18, 2016
- Diagnose skin conditions with confidence
- Learn simple in-office procedures
- New billing/coding strategies for guaranteed revenue
- Stop referring . . . treat your own patients
Face your fears! Be scared of skin conditions no longer! Attend this unique, one-of-a-kind workshop where you will learn about common skin conditions and treatment procedures and how to incorporate the dermatology procedures of cryotherapy, skin biopsies, surgical excision and advanced suturing into your everyday practice. Nowhere else will you get the opportunity to learn about dermatology in a more convenient and inviting environment. When the seminar concludes, you will be equipped with everything required to start treating patients. You will also learn how to be paid appropriately for these treatment options. All in the same day! You will wish you had gotten to this 1-day workshop sooner in your career!
Mikala Riddlesworth, PA-C, MMS, has educated providers across the country using her simple, straightforward demonstration of the most common dermatology procedures. Her goal is that, within your first week back at work, you have the opportunity to put your new skills to work, treating your own patients…instead of referring them. Be on your way to turning your new dermatology skills into profit for your practice!
|Webcast Manual (3.54 MB)||78 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Skin Lesions: Benign vs. Malignant
- Improve patient outcomes with accurate diagnosis
- The importance of the non-dermatology provider
- Taking a skin history
- Performing a skin exam
- Documenting findings
- Distinguish signs and symptoms of common skin disorders
- Compound vs. dysplastic nevi
- Seborrheic vs. actinic keratosis
- Solar lentigo
- Lipoma and sebaceous cyst
- Dermatofibroma vs. fibrosarcoma
- Basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma
- Malignant melanoma
Master Diagnosing of Skin Conditions: Case Studies
- Real life scenarios straight from patient’s charts: Break down signs/ symptoms to determine the diagnosis
(Skill demonstration will be provided)
- Cryotherapy for treatment of Actinic keratosis, Basal and squamous cell carcinoma, Solar lentigo, Seborrheic keratosis… and more!
- Skin biopsies to aid in accurate diagnosis and differentiation between non-malignant and malignant lesions
- Surgical excisions for definitive treatment of lipomas, cysts, basal cell, squamous cell and malignant melanoma
- Advanced suturing to yield better cosmetic results and ensure closure of deep, large wounds
Procedure Billing and Coding
- CPT billing and coding guidelines
- How to appropriately bill for each procedure performed, including CPT codes and ICD-10 diagnoses
- Take home handout, providing charts of all dermatology codes
- Proper documentation requirements
- Learn what must be included in your chart note in order to be properly reimbursed for procedures preformed
Improve Practice Revenue: Billing/Coding Case Studies
- Learn from past providers’ mistakes that have resulted in lost revenue per patient service. You don’t have to make the same mistakes!
Mikala Riddlesworth, PA-C, MMS Related seminars and products: 1
Mikala Riddlesworth, PA-C, MMS, is currently an Assistant Professor at South College School of Physician Assistant Studies in Knoxville, TN where she educates aspiring healthcare providers on dermatology treatments and procedures and serves as the lead clinical instructor. Additionally, she has been practicing medicine for 10 years focusing on providing dermatology services in medically underserved communities. Mikala has created a unique dermatology education program and has spoken professionally at multiple education conferences teaching providers about skin conditions and treatment options. Now she is bringing her hands-on learning experience to primary care providers around the country in order to improve access to dermatology care.
After completing her education, Mikala spent a year in family practice, where she first noticed the fear many providers have of skin issues. She then worked alongside a dermatologist outside of Atlanta, Georgia to learn more about skin conditions and to master techniques for skin treatments. Since that time, during her career in rural communities, she has diagnosed and treated several hundred skin cancers. Her goal is to educate non-dermatology providers on simple procedures that can be performed to improve patient care so they can offer potentially life-saving treatments.
Financial: Mikala Riddlesworth has an employment relationship with South College School of Physician Assistant Studies in Knoxville, TN. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Mikala Riddlesworth has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
8 reviews for Mikala Riddlesworth – Primary Care Dermatology: Skin Treatments and Procedures
There are no reviews yet.